What is Asperger Syndrome Disorder? click HERE

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Its Almost Time for Our IEP

I have invited my fellow friend and aspie mother to accompany me to a few meetings these last months mostly for support. I am sad because my husband Ken has not attended them with me. He just doesn't take time out from his work to attend things of this sort. At one end of the table there have been 4 or more school staff, and at the other end it was just me, which I have found it intimidating at times.

I am requesting that Jacob to go out of the school district and into another to attend a school just for kids with autism. I feel that the public school has done Jacob more damage than good over the years, and I want no more of it. At this point, I haven't had too much luck communicating with the districts special ed department either.

Feeling so helpless, I decided to enlist the help of a professional advocate to accompany me to Jacobs upcoming IEP. I feel as though I need the help of a professional who has been around the block a few times with school districts, who is savvy on the IEP procedure's, special education laws and our rights. I don't feel like the school district has been fair to me, as to not returning my phone calls over the past year, and I'm done. It's time to let them know I am serious.

No comments:

WHAT IS ASPERGERS SYNDROME?
http://myaspergerschild.blogspot.com/


WHERE TO GET HELP--TREATMENTS--ETC.
http://myaspergerschild3.blogspot.com/