What is Asperger Syndrome Disorder? click HERE

Sunday, August 2, 2009

June 2009

The first week of June did not go without a hitch. There was an argument with a classmate. From what I get, the confrontation was verbal name calling. The situation escalated when the child followed Jacob into his classroom , and resulted in Jacob having a meltdown. Jacob called me and wanted to pick him up, and of coarse I told him I could not, that he had to work through it. I'm not sure what the meltdown consisted of, but Jacob said he just couldn't keep it together anymore, and he had a "full meltdown in the class". Both boys were punished as a result of the incident, Jacob had lunch detention for 2 days.

Yet again, Jake is sad because he may of lost one of his only friends. I'm not sure what exactly has happened, but I'm hoping they will patch things up. This kid is extremely shy, and Jake is extremely outgoing so the relationship has worked out very well. We will see on the days to come.

On a lighter note, I met one of Jacobs new friends during the last day of school. I took him to a roller skating field trip, and was pleasantly surprised that he made a new friend from school. Perhaps they can get together over the summer, along with a few of his other new acquaintances from my support group. Good things keep on happening now that I'm with them!! I think its the best that's happened to us in a long time.

No comments:

WHAT IS ASPERGERS SYNDROME?
http://myaspergerschild.blogspot.com/


WHERE TO GET HELP--TREATMENTS--ETC.
http://myaspergerschild3.blogspot.com/