What is Asperger Syndrome Disorder? click HERE

Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 2009


This whole summer Jake has not had one sleepless night! Its amazing! Ever since school let out, Jake has been getting 12 plus hours a night of solid, glorious sleep, and so have I! Both of us are getting our beauty sleep.


TUMMY PROBLEMS - GETTING THE SCOOP ON THE POOP
I have taken Jake to a new pediatrician, one that a friend recommended that is Autism friendly. I figure now is the time to get to the bottom of his belly problems. Since no therapy appointments or classes, before we start the braces, and its summer time. I have tried to figure this out on my own, playing poop detective, however I need some help on this one. I've tried to monitor everything he eats, along with amounts and times and nothing seems to connect. Getting Jake to talk about poop usually isn't very hard, however talking about his own poop (how often and consistency is like sawing off a leg), he just won't do it no matter what I seem to try. Last year I thought he was lactose intolerant, so I cut out the regular milk and bought lactose free. Also gave him lactose tablets when consuming ice cream. However, I think it is more complex. The pediatrician has referred me to a pediatric GI doc, which we have an appointment with in September.



Why is it so many Aspie kids have belly issues? I just don't get the connection to brain and belly function. I've read so many things, and its hard to sort out what to believe everything I read. Many parents put the kids on restrictive diets such as gluten free/casein free and swear by the results (including behavior wise). Some believe there is absolutely no connection between the stomach and Autism problems.


I GOTTA GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THESE GI PROBLEMS!
I am on a mission to find answers for Jacob on this one. Allergies, leaky gut, a blockage, or just IBS..... For Jake it causes a lot of pain and has gone on for years! The reason why I have not dug into this earlier was because the symptoms are on and off, and different at times. Also we have been trying to work on so many other issues, and getting a grip on them. You ask what are his symptoms? Doubtful that he will read this, I will list them, as he is so embarrassed to talk about it! He has everything from painful constipation to diarrhea, to black tarry stools. Sometimes he will go 3 days without having a bm, other days are just fine. Also gas all the time, tummy aches, and even indigestion, and powerful (no other word that I know of) bms are more symptoms.
I do know that it does not have to do with the medication he is on, Celexa since he has had tummy problems way before that. Also, he has blood work done frequently to check his liver functions, etc.

No comments:

WHAT IS ASPERGERS SYNDROME?
http://myaspergerschild.blogspot.com/


WHERE TO GET HELP--TREATMENTS--ETC.
http://myaspergerschild3.blogspot.com/