What is Asperger Syndrome Disorder? click HERE

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Making Friends are Difficult to Say the Least

I was pleased when Jacob had told me he had a new friend from school. Unfortunately just after a few play dates, the friendship did not continue. That seems to be the norm, there are new friends and just after 2 or 3 get togethers, the relationship is finished.
Do I need to push him a little more into additional friendships so he can get this whole friend thing down? As much as I can, I try and figure out the root of his friendship problems and then explain them to Jacob. Most of the time, however, Jacob refuses to see the other side and declares me wrong. I would say half the problems are when Jacob misconstrues the meanings of what his peers are telling him, then he gets mad at them. Sometimes the other kids find Jacob annoying and different and ends up with either the kids ditching him or picking on him.

No comments:

WHAT IS ASPERGERS SYNDROME?
http://myaspergerschild.blogspot.com/


WHERE TO GET HELP--TREATMENTS--ETC.
http://myaspergerschild3.blogspot.com/